Monday, February 7, 2011

My Wacky Response Blog to Other Blogs :)


http://me-blog-explosion.blogspot.com/2010/11/reality-blows.html?
"Reality Blows" by Louis Bonnet (ME + BLOG = EXPLOSION)

http://benselablog.blogspot.com/2011/01/lady-looking-through-telescope-while.html?
"Telescope" by Ben Futterman (Ben's E.L.A Blog)

http://nukethatblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-can-write-reasonably-good-article.html?
"I can write a reasonably good article about this now" by Jack Cassidy (Angry Twinkie Blog)

Louis wrote a sensible and meaningful blog, and deserves to be a mentor text. He explains how silly it is, to ask a young child what they want to be when they grow up. Why is it pointless? Why is meaningless? Well, asking the question is fine, but being concerned about what they say is just dumb. Louis elaborates on his opinion with understandable logic. A person's idea to figure out what their occupation is going to be when they grow up, will change once they become older and older. This may not happen with every child on the planet. Who knows? Maybe a person stuck to their dream when they were five years old. I really enjoyed reading this blog because Louis made good connections with the character he talks about, and lots of his writing shows good examples of a legible blog.

Telescope, a poem written by Ben Futterman, is a perfect mentor text for me, especially, because he uses certain technique skills I could learn when writing poetry. For example, he uses smoother rhythm and rhyming. He also knows how to end a poem, without leaving the reader confused. Something else I could relate to Ben’s poetry, is his humbleness. When I read the comments below of his poetry blog, lots of people compliment or even praise it. Letting him know that he wrote a really good poem. Then, Ben replies back saying he hates the poem and he feels that it’s the worse poem he ever wrote. In my opinion, my poems is really nothing special. When other people tell me that they enjoyed my work, I usually reply back saying something like, “It wasn’t all that good”.

I really admire Jack’s blog here, because the voice and tone can really match what he’s trying to point out. His words articulate well and doesn’t sound like the voice of a recorder messaging machine. Also, he speaks in the tone of a professional book reviewer, or something related to that. Jack is descriptive and creative with his choice of vocabulary. I’m kind of into reviews and since this blog has the voice of it, I think it’s perfect for a mentor text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment