I’ve read, “There’s A Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom” about a million times and I feel that this book deserves to be a classic. Why do I praise it? Why do I love it so much? I relate to it in so many ways. The main character, Bradley Chalkers is a fifth grade, stubborn moron who bully’s other kids and everyone in the school hates him. Carla Davis, the school counselor tries to help him so he acts a little more pleasant. I relate to Bradley more than anything in the book. I mean, that I relate to him as if I was still in Elementary school
In my opinion, I think I was a self-centered, willful brat in Elementary school. When I remember my behavior and how I acted three years ago, it just sickens me. When I talked about this with my father, he strongly disagreed with me. I’m not going to get into a bunch of examples and reasons why I felt that I was a brat in Elementary school, but this is some reasons why There’s A Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom was so relevant to me.
First, Bradley Chalkers behavior is unbearable. He talks rudely to his teacher, to other kids, and his family. Bradley lies and blindly makes his mother look like the scapegoat. He’s mean for no reason, he loves to pick on other kids, and he NEVER does his homework. Then later, Bradley acts cocky and tells his mother that he got an A+ on his test, for example.
Okay, maybe I didn’t act that badly when I was younger, but what makes me feel so related, is how I evolved into more of a mature person, like Bradley Chalkers. All he needed was some discipline, but no teacher could do that because he was such a pain. That’s what makes Carla Davis a special character. Unlike everyone else, she had the patience and knew how to take it slow, to help Bradley become a better person. Instead of yelling and lecturing Bradley, Carla had the capability to talk to him and know him more of a friend than a student.
Back in Elementary school, I was oblivious and that caused me to be so bullheaded. I was never aware of my actions, so I would ignore how I behaved in the past. When it came to future expectations, I would act like the same facetious moron. Yeah I know, it sounds like I’m being a little to hard on myself. But hey, this is really how I feel about my younger childhood memories. Today, I’m not perfect at all, but I’m not so damn annoying like I was a few years back. I didn’t really need a teacher to talk to me in a genial, patient tone to turn me into a better person, like Bradley Chalkers. I talked to kids who were my age and notice how they normally acted, so then I tried to do the same. Then later, I knew how to be cautious about my actions and was a little more careful what I do. This is another reason why I really love, There’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom. It teaches kids that how ever you act in the past, it can’t change your personality in the future. You have the power to change who you are because we all have hope. Hope, meaning that you have the right to do what you do best and we all have courage to make our own choices in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment