Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Introducing the Warzone


Introducing the Warzone by Kai Junn Lathrop

I stride across the soothing forest,
as I swim across the sparkling lake.
I can't deny the nature,
With the birds chirping,
with the rabbits hopping,
with the tigers roaring.
Feeling the smooth, wet rock against my hand.

The forest speaks to me.
It says, "Be free, be free! Enjoy the soft silky grass!"
It's peaceful, so quiet.
I took what I had to enjoy

Then...

BOOM! The bountiful memories of nature flashes before my eyes.
A panda chewing bamboo blurs into a firing tank.
Birds flying into the sky blurs into a fighter plane.
The trees burining,
the lake drying,
the grass pulverizing.

I wish that the whole world can see,
that nature is in fear,
my eyes drop into tears.
I wish that nature was free as me.

I sit under the smooth rock
which is now a half stone.
I moan... I moan...
This is me,
introducing the warzone.

2 comments:

  1. Kai! I used your poem for my blog post this week, check it out. Hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Kai! this is great! like Nina said in her post, i love how it changes from a nice serene scene of nature and peace to a destructive, powerful, and exciting scene of war! great, and also funny (in a good way!. -ben

    ReplyDelete