Monday, December 20, 2010

Naughty, Naughty Grown-Ups!



Parents just hate it when their kid acts like a crazy jumping bean, it drives them nuts! Strangely, it's hard for me to say that because I'm a thirteen year old kid, and I drive my parents crazy all the time! Adults feel that young children are adorable, but they also feel that kids can be a real pain. I find that statement fair, but are adults perfect? No. Do adults always make the right choices? No. Can adults also be a real pain? Why, yes! Yes they can! Roald Dahl proves an excellent point why adults can also be annoying, immature snobs with the book that he wrote called, Matilda.

This story is about a girl name Matilda. Matilda was born as an extremely clever and bright child because she reads a lot of intelligent literature and legible books, all on her own. Matilda was fourtante in education, but her family was a catastrophe. The parents are incompetent, stubborn, ignorant snobs and all they do is eat, sleep, and watch TV. They would ignore Matilda completely and only care about their selves. Matilda would have dress herself, cook for herself, and clean herself. Everything a parent is suppose to do for his/her child, but Matilda's parents chose to not take that path.

One reason why I really enjoyed Matilda is because I love Dahl's perspective on children. I also find it  interesting that when Dahl writes the book, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", he goes through the effort to give out a message to children to not be greedy. But in Matilda, he proves that just because you're a kid and your parents have the right to boss you around, it doesn't mean that they  act like mature adults all the time. Both morals from both of those books have some sort of similarity.

 The type of character Matilda's parents have, shows a reason why grown-ups can also be spoiled. They can also be a pain and adults should think twice before saying that all kids bother them because of their immaturity. I'm not going into a bunch of stereotypical antics, but it is true. Kids are childish, children can get greedy, bratty, spoiled, but so as parents, adults, or grown-ups. We all have some sort of annoyance behavior that really get's on other people's nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment