I think the true meaning and creativity of magic comes from Harry Potter. It's the book where you really feal that magic can come to life as a reader. No other writer like J.K Rowling can make a perfect magical world of mystical creatures, spells, and evil villains. All of these themes were put together to make a masterpiece for my childhood. My thirteen years of life of picking up a book and just reading it for an hour straight. As I finish each Harry Potter book, it just keeps me wondering, "What will happen next... what will happen next..." This saga makes me feel that a child could have the most creative and original imagination. Reading the Harry Potter series might be the most memorable books I've ever read in my entire life. The conflict between Harry and Voldemort, the mystical and magical mood, the detailed setting of Hogwarts just tells me that this fantasy story can be an adventure I can't miss.
The plot is fantastic. It goes like this: Harry Potter is a boy where his mother and father gets killed by the major antagonist, Lord Voldemort. He gets sent to his Aunt, Uncle, and cousin who are known as the Dursleys. They abuse Harry and treat hin like dirt. A man name Hagrid breaks into their house and tells Harry that he is a wizard. Harry is sent to a school full of magic and spells called Hogwarts. He meets friends, villains, and other interesting characters. Many people are very familar to this story because of how creative it is.
Something I really love about the series is the conflict between Harry and his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and his cousin Dudley. Vernon and Petunia permanently spoils Dudley with their over extreme royalty, at the same time, they are ignoring Harry and pretend he doesn't even live with them. This idea has been used in many other books, like Roald Dahl books. But it works so well because it shows how much Harry enjoys staying at Hogwarts.
Ron and Hermione are very big characters to the book and their relationship with Harry. Ron and Hermoine are Harry's biggest friends. They work together, travel together, and sometimes fight with eachother. They also try to defend each other, like when they get into fights with Draco Malfoy who is a bully in Hogwarts that annoys Harry. I also like how Harry, Ron and Hermione have their own type of characteristic. Ron is the insecured and easiy-scared guy, Hermione is smart and loves to learn about magic, and Harry is the brave, heroic person who always gets himself into exciting and dangerous adventures. There are other characters like Dumbledore the school master, and Snape the potion's teacher. The supportive characters in the book relate very well with Harry's mood.
Harry Potter is a saga I will never forget. It makes me feel like if their was a magical world out there, it must be something like Harry Potter. I've knew these series since I was five years old. The problem was that I didn't understand it too much, but now I think it's one of the most amazing fantasy book with great dialouge and very fun characters and creatures that really stand up to the book. I always ask quetions to myself when reading, why does Harry's aunt, uncle, and cousin can't give him any respect? How does Harry know to be so cautious about his problem with Voldemort? How can Harry, Ron, and Hermione work together well when they fight all the time? These type of quetions make me more interested to the saga of Harry Potter. I'll always love the action packed, magical, and exciting stories Harry Potter gives, and I'll never forget it.
i love harry potter! sigh.
ReplyDelete